Our western landscape photo contest was such a hit, that we've decided to hold another contest this fall.
The subject: something that's near and dear to so many people's hearts: horses.
It could be your horse, a neighbor's horse, a horse (or two or more) that you saw on trip, and it can be from anywhere, really. We're looking for a shot that inspires, wows, makes us laugh, makes us smile, or plain just makes us stare at it for five minutes straight.
No people in the pictures, please. This is all about horses.
If you win, you get your picture published on this here blog and on Facebook. And you win a shirt (valued at $50 or less) from AJ's Western Wear. Sound good?
Here's the 411: Be sure to read all the rules, terms, and conditions!
What: Horse Photo Contest
When: Runs from 10/7/10 through Monday, 11/1/10 Monday, 11/15/10 at 9:00 p.m. (EST)
Where: Through this email address: email@example.com
Why: In celebration of a cowboy's and cowgirl's faithful companion: the horse
Who: Must be 13 years or older to enter and must have a physical mailing address in the United States (we don’t do international shipping). Open to amateurs and a pros alike. Photos must be your own (in other words, you own the rights to them).
How: Attach as a jpeg your horse photo in an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: by submitting your photo, you're acknowledging that you own full rights to the photo; that you grant us permission to publish your photo on our blog, website, and Facebook; and that you've read, understand, and accept the rules on this blog post.
- There should be no people in the shot.
- Color or black and white - the choice is yours
- You may enter up to 5 photos
- If we get enough brilliant entries, we *may* have prizes for second and third place (in the form of an AJ's online gift certificate).
The winner will be announced on this blog and via Facebook after 11/2/10 11/15/10 but before 11/30/10. Feel free to share this contest with your photo bug friends!
Judges include me (Clementine) and some of the staff at AJ’s. All decisions are final.
What you get if you win:
- Your winning photo will be published on this blog and promoted through Facebook (we have over 4700 fans at the writing of these rules, so you have a bunch of eyeballs to get this photo in front of…plus we welcome you promoting it as well).
- You get to choose one (1) shirt valued at $50 or less that we’re currently carrying at AJ’s Western Wear. If the shirt you select is no longer available for whatever reason, we will do our best to get you a replacement shirt of equal value.
If you win, you agree to grant AJ’s Western Wear first electronic rights for 30 days. All rights revert to you after 30 days, and we will continue to keep the photo up on the blog/Facebook until/if you tell us to take it down.
Void where prohibited.
AJ’s Western Wear and Clementine are not responsible for lost, deleted, or misplaced entries or for any technical glitches caused by computers, email programs, this blog, Facebook, or any other device used for this contest.
If an insufficient number of entries are received, contest may be extended and/or canceled, without notice beyond an update to these rules.
Rules may be updated at any time, for any reason, and without notice.
Get cracking! The clock’s ticking. Wow us with your photography!