April is National Poetry month, and the week of 4/17/11 - 4/23/11 is the tenth annual Cowboy Poetry Week.
Here at The Sassy Saloon, we're celebrating with a fun contest where you could win a western shirt (valued at $50 or less) from AJ's Western Wear. Here's what you need to know:
Cowboy Up! Write a Winning Poem. Get a Free Western Shirt from AJ's Western Wear.
What: Cowboy Poetry Contest
When: Runs from now (3/18/11) through Friday, 4/15/11, at 9:00 P.M. (EDT)
Where: Through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why: In celebration of Cowboy Poetry Week
Who: Must be 13 years or older to enter and must have a mailing address in the United States (we don't do international shipping)
How: Paste your cowboy poetry in the body of an email and send to email@example.com (attachments will be deleted unread).
Don't know what cowboy poetry is? There are many definitions. Here's what we're going by (this will be used for judging):
- It celebrates the life of the cowboy and The Old West
- We're not concerned with form: rhyming or free verse is fine
- Poems should not exceed one Word doc page
- We'll accept poems from cowboys and cowgirls
The winner will be announced on this blog and via Facebook sometime during Cowboy Poetry Week 2011.
Judges include me (Clementine) and some of the staff at AJ's. All decisions are final.
What you get if you win:
- Your winning poem will be published on this blog and promoted through Facebook (we have over 10,000 fans, so you have a bunch of eyeballs to get this poem in front of...plus we welcome you promoting it as well).
- You get to choose one (1) shirt of $50 or less that we're currently carrying at AJ's Western Wear. If the shirt you select is no longer available for whatever reason, we will do our best to get you a replacement shirt of equal value.
If you win, you agree to grant AJ's Western Wear first electronic rights for 30 days. All rights revert to you after 30 days, and we will continue to keep the poem up on the blog until/if you tell us to take it down.
Void where prohibited.
AJ's Western Wear and Clementine are not responsible for lost, deleted, or misplaced entries or for any technical glitches caused by computers, email programs, this blog, Facebook, or any other device used for this contest.
If an insufficient number of entries are received, contest may be extended and/or canceled, without notice beyond an update to these rules.
Note: Rules may be updated at any time, for any reason, and without notice.
Get cracking! The clock's ticking. Wow us with your poetry!